Upcoming Exhibitions/ News:
- My work will be included in the exhibition Sculp-Chur at Dimensions Gallery from 11/9 thru 12/9 and open during the East Austin studio tour. Opening reception Nov. 10th from 7-10 pm
979 Springdale, Ste. 99 Austin, TX 78702
- I will have a piece included in the exhibition Restructured at the Nave Gallery from 11/16 thru 12/16.
Nave Gallery 155 Powderhouse Blvd., Somerville, MA
- I co-wrote a chapter on using soil in art for the book, "Field to Palette – Dialogues on Soil and Art", which will debut next year at the World Congress of Soil Science in Rio. Included are images of my work combining glass and soil as well as scientifc descriptions as to why the reactions occur (thanks to the help of two brilliant soil scientists!).
Recent Exhibitions/ News:
- My portrait of William Penn (made in cast plaster) was included in the exhibition "With Liberty and Justice for Some" at Walter Maciel Gallery in Los Angeles in Winter 2017, it then travelled to San Francisco Arts Commission Gallery for Summer 2017, and Berkeley Art Center for fall 2017
- My work was part of "Map It Out" at Blue Line Arts in Roseville, CA and the Faculty Exhibition at City College of San Francisco in Fall 2016
- I had a 3 month artist residency at Free Oakland UP in fall/ winter 2015 which culminated with an exhibition
- I participated in a Plein Air Art Escapist event at Montalvo on September 27th 2015
- My work was part of a faculty swap between SF City College and Coastline College during the fall semester of 2015
- My work was included in the exhibition, Dirt Dialogues at the 20th World Congress of Soil Science in Jeju, Korea in June 2014 and the Soil Culture Forum in Falmouth, England in July 2014
- My work has been included in the book, The Soil Underfoot: Infinite Possibilities for a Finite Resource
The chapter I'm included in is written by Alexandra Toland who has been researching the use of soil in Contemporary Art.
For more info about her research:
- Strange Bedfellows at Root Division Summer of 2013 (and traveling through 2015)
- Re:told At Root Division in July of 2012 (co-curated by myself & Kija Lucas)
- California at Berkeley Art Center
- Cashing Out at Kala Art Institute, Berkeley, CA
- Outlandish at Bedford Gallery, Walnut Creek, CA
- Mills MFA Thesis Show, 2011: Walking Backwards Forward
Here is a link to Kristin Farr's write-up about my work and my thesis show from 2011: